Behind Booked and Shelved

I don't want to sound so vain on my very first post on this platform but I guess nothing could go wrong with a quick and nice introduction. Hear ye, hear ye!

THE BASICS

  • Sheila /'she-la/
  • 21 y/o
  • Batangas, Philippines
  • Pisces
  • ISTP
  • BS ChE Student
Well, there's not much to say except that I am SO fond of books—especially YA fantasy (but I basically read ANYTHING including nutrition facts behind pork and beans cans).
I like books that make me think and lets me see the world in a different light and keeps up late at night and rattles my emotions and leaves me hanging and mind-blown and moony-eyed in a moment then wrecked on the next.
Yes, I'm greatly steadfast to this that I hardly find the heart and time to do anything else. Unhealthy obsession, an on-looker might call it, but I believe it's pretty common among bookworms. And like any other bibliophile, one of my life goals is to build myself a room-ful of books with a cozy reading nook!

ON THE SIDELINES

On the rare times I don't have a book with me, I can be found writing about them on this blog or on my Tumblr one. I could also spend some time binge-watching anime and some American and British TV series. And, on some occasions, I sit with a guitar or a keyboard or a set of drums and work on my frustrating musical skills. I even throw in bits of poetry and digital art when the whim takes on me.
Basically, I spare some time doing a LOT of very random things which majorly comprise of sitting in front of my laptop.
This higgledy-piggledy chronicles is reflected on my personal blog. I barely leave my room so that's pretty much everything about my boring life.

TURNING TO BLOGGER

As linked above, I have been running a personal blog on Tumblr which had been up and about for around four years and I tell you, IT IS A TOTAL MESS. Point is I'm not new to blogging. Another point is I want to try a different style of blogging—a more organized and professional one.
As much as microblogging has its own ups and perks, I think exploring this style is going to be more fulfilling mainly because this is my "ideal" type of blogging.
I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but hey, why not? If you're gonna aim, aim high, they said. I'd like to believe that posting blogs here would help me work and improve on my vocabulary and critical thinking skills in ways microblogging could, in some ways and relatively speaking, not. Besides, creating posts and pages "aesthetically" is just so fun and flexible here! I know many people here have started ages ago, but I guess that's what the painfully overused adage "better late than never" is for.

Any tip from you guys would be very valuable for a starter like me!

Be it about book blogging specifically or the Blogger platform in general, your words would be deeply appreciated!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment